Life Changes?

 Today's phrase seems to be "life changing"

As many know, I watch at least some portion of The Price is Right pretty much every week day. Today, a young lady spun a dollar on the wheel and won $1,000- happens all the time. Then, with her bonus spin, she spun another dollar and won an additional $25,000 - happens more often than you'd think, but definitely not "all the time." 

"Well, that's life changing," I remarked, and Netter agreed.

A little while later I was reading through some sports sites and ran across an article about a hockey player who was living his best life finding a career with the Los Angeles Kings of the National Hockey League. He had been paralyzed playing hockey in high school and the article discussed his life since, and the "life changing" circumstances of what had happened to him. A different, not so positive, type of life change though honestly he is doing a helluva job. 

Yeah, I'm catching my breath too...

So, I got to thinking - you saw the smoke, (I'll try not to use that joke too often) about life changing events, good, bad, realized, unrealized... and of course, I thought about the new year. 

We all want change for the new year... Right? 

I have to admit I'm a bit stuck on this one... New Year's eve very often finds me in deep thought and New Year's day I am in deep reflection -

Not so much this year though...

I dunno... I guess I know what I'll be talking about for the rest of the week. 

What's your new year take?

0 comments: