The List, The Plan, My Life... Retirement? I don't know what you call it.

The reality is that it was right there in front of me. Right there, organized, ready to be tackled the entire time. I just didn't see it. 

Know who helped me...? 

Have you been paying attention? 

Of course it was my wife. Let me say that again. Of course It.Was.My.Wife.

Love that Woman!

How do we survive without these women in our lives? I don't even want to contemplate that beyond the words on the page. 

Anyway... as they say...

It was right there in front of me. When I retired 6 years ago (Yes, that says 6. I can't believe it either.) I had already started making a list of things I was going to work on for the first month or so before I headed back to work at some job, somewhere, somehow...

And then I didn't head back to work.

Our life and financial situation were such that I didn't really need to work after all. I mean I'm still never saying never, but so far - we're good. We were good then. We're good now. 

Beautiful.

But I still had that list, and I added to it and without even trying scratched some things off - just living life... 

... and then I ran into some health issues starting in 2018, and again in 2019, and then we all ran into health issues in 2020.

On the other side of all of that - hopefully, maybe... But

 - I now find myself stuck. S.T.U.C.K. STUCK!

So, being the organized soul that I am, and many will say I am overly organized oddly enough... I decided to make a list, to find a better way, to get started... to finally find a way to be retired.

In doing that - I rediscovered that list. So, over the last week or so - I know it was longer than I'd promised, but you know - life... I reviewed the list, and updated the list, and began trying to find a way to do something with the list that moves me forward. 

No, not just moves me forward, but also helps me become unstuck. 

I've got a pretty solid routine of things I do every day, ways I live my life, things I do without even thinking... The routine of the retiree so to speak. 

But why does it have to be the same tomorrow? 

It doesn't. I know that. I'm working on it. I'll get there. I am now keenly aware that I was stuck. 

Was. 

Not anymore.

It's time to look forward - 

To tomorrow. 

What's next on the list?

Have a good weekend!

0 comments: